Garmin GPSMAP 78s
Garmin international is pleased to announce the next generation in marine
handhelds: the GPSMAP 78 series. Incorporating a sleek, new design and
must-have features, these rugged units are a great fit in Garmin's
best-selling lineup of color marine handhelds and they float!
Featuring a bright 2.6-inch LCD color display with built-in basemap and high
sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix, the GPSMAP 78 series takes recreational navigation to a new level. All three models are waterproof, include a built-in microSD card slot for loading additional maps and have a dedicated MOB (man over board) button. Sensor versions (78s and 78sc) also offer wireless route and waypoint sharing with other compatible units.
If you're looking for the ultimate high-performance marine handheld, take
your pick from the GPSMAP 78 series.
- High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix
- Rugged, waterproof (IEC 60529 IPX7)
- Worldwide built-in basemap with shaded relief
- 1.7 GB of internal memory, plus microSD card slot for optional mapping
and data storage
- Wirelessly share thumbnails, routes, tracks, waypoints and geocaches
between compatible units
- Bright 2.6" LCD sunlight readable color display (160 x 240 pixels)
- 3-axis compass, provides accurate heading even when the unit is not held level (78s, 78sc)
- Barometric altimeter tracks pressure changes to pinpoint your precise altitude and to help monitor weather (78s,78sc)
- High-speed USB interface (78s, 78sc) and NMEA 0183 (GPSMAP 78 series)
- Up to 20 hours of battery life; battery type: 2AA (not included) NiMH or lithium recommended
- Weight: 7.7 oz. with batteries
Unit, USB cable, wrist strap and quick start manual
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.